Father Mersinger(1956-1966) had the great idea of building a new church for Guardian Angels. Everyone agreed on a plan for the church and they broke ground October 28, 1956. All the parishioners helped with building it and Father Mersinger started making plans for the dedication of the new church. The dedication of the New Guardian Angels Church was on October 2, 1957. The church grew strong for many years, with new priests, new parishioners, and new additions. Everything seemed good until the unthinkable happened. On the morning of April 15, 1996 the Guardian Angels Church caught fire and burned down. It was caused by a defective valve on a heater, but luckily no one was hurt, just in shock. The parishioners helped clean up the rubble and ash and in 1998 a brand new, beautiful church was up where the old one burned. It is still standing strong today, along with a new pavilion and a beautiful angel statue by the door. Our latest priest is Father Matt Flatley whom came to us in July 2014.